The Cultural Services promotes a large number of activities in the field of folk culture, such us:
- Subsidizing traditional music and dance groups for their participation in events of a traditional character in Cyprus and abroad
- Encouraging dance instructors and scholars to attend seminars in Cyprus and abroad
- Subsidizing members of the Cyprus Committee of the International Council of Organizations of Folklore Festivals and Folk Art to participate in international conferences
- Subsidizing festivals in rural communities and areas with the aim of cultural decentralization
- Encouraging shadow theatre artists
- Participation in various committees for the safeguarding and promotion of our cultural and archaeological heritage
- Enhancing municipal festivals and cultural activities related to traditional culture.